Amy Bean is a graphic designer, illustrator, and lover of Finn The Human. Get to know a little more about her and what keeps her inspired.
Name: Amy Bean
Date: March 13, 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Occupation: Graphic Designer (Wannabe Illustrator/Artist)
The Nitty Gritty:
1) Before you started this Q&A, what were you doing?
Eating THE GREATEST chicken schnitzel sandwich and watching my fellow designer colleague go through job applicant portfolios… some funny stuff. Man, I don’t miss job hunting.
2) Are you a morning or night person?
Morning. I fall usually fall asleep super early unless I’m drawing something that’s worth staying awake for.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 17, and find line 7, what does it say?
“How you choose and use colour has much to do with instinct and experimentation.” Wow, yeah… it really does.
4) Do you remember your dreams?
Eh… sometimes. Usually they are boring ones that feel like real life. You know where you wake up and go to work… and then you wake up for real and go to work. Lame.
5) Tell us something about you that most people don’t know.
I think my nose hairs are sometimes unusually long.
6) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Get rid of money. Completely.
7) Do you like to dance?
Depends on how intoxicated I am. In that case, then heck yeah.
8) What did your last text message say?
Last one I received: “Oooooooohhhh”. Hahah, that’s great.
9) If you could have lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
Bill Murray. Hands down. He is just dandy. OR if it could be a cartoon character then Finn The Human – I wish I could be a kid again and go be his girlfriend in The Land of Ooo.
10) What are you currently obsessed with?
Copic Markers and drawing faces in grayscale, salted cashews and Bill Murray.
11) What word do you use the most?
Probably “man” or “dude”. I need some new words.
12) 3 things you’d like to do before you die?
1: Give Bill Murray a hug. 2: See more of the world. 3: Learn how to whittle and then become a creepy old whittler.
13) Have you ever been in love?
14) If given a yacht. What would you name it?
15) Who do you admire the most?
16) If handed 10,000 dollars what would you blow it on?
Some overseas travel.. and if I had anything left probably art supplies.
17) What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Copic Markers and pencils… OH and my favourite coats. I am obsessed with coats and jackets.
18) What were you doing at midnight last night?
19) What did you want to be when you grew up?
For a while I think I wanted to be a comedian… then I got all shy. After that I remember saying “Man, I wish I could just draw for a living… that would be the life.”
20) What would you tell your 13 year-old self?
GO AND FIND FINN THE HUMAN AND BE HIS GIRLFRIEND. No, really I would say FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS, MAN. Don’t work for some jerk just ‘cause they say you need money to be happy. Actually I should be telling my 25-year-old self the same thing.
Artwork by Amy Bean
For more information about Amy Bean check out: