Kelli Murray is an illustrator, graphic designer and a fanatic for Pinterest. Get to know a little more about her and what keeps her inspired.
Name: Kelli Murray
Date: April 25, 2013
Time: 8:30 PM
Location: Encinitas, CA
Occupation: Illustrator / Graphic Designer
The Nitty Gritty
1) Before you started this Q&A, what were you doing?
Rocking my daughter to sleep.
2) Are you a morning or night person?
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 17, and find line 7, what does it say?
“I believe that suffering is part of the narrative, and that nothing really good gets built when everything’s easy” (Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist) For such a random question…that was a brilliant quote!
4) Do you remember your dreams?
Not usually. But when I do, it’s always the bad ones. I’m not sure what that means!
5) Tell us something about you that most people don’t know.
I grew up somewhat of a jock. I played basketball, softball and volleyball. But once I discovered art, my athleticism got thrown out the window and all I wanted to do was create. Most people know me as an artsy girl who loves fashion…..but what most people don’t know is that I can also beat most of the guys at a game of hoops 🙂
6) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? Erase poverty.
Give everyone food to eat, a roof over their head, and a family to love.
7) Do you like to dance?
8) What did your last text message say?
“Where are you boy!?” (speaking to my husband who is out of town on a work trip and not returning my calls!) haha.
9) If you could have lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
I don’t know why this is so hard for me to answer. I have no idea. I guess the first person that comes to mind is Anna Wintour.
10) What are you currently obsessed with?
Mint ice cream…and Pinterest.
11) What word do you use the most?
“No” I have a one year old daughter. There are a lot of “no, no’s” flying around.
12) 3 things you’d like to do before you die?
There are about a million things I’d like to do before I die, both big and small, so to narrow it down to 3 is almost impossible. But here they are in no particular order: – inspire others through my work and art / live a passionate life / grow old with my husband, watch our kids grow, watch their kids grow….family is everything. I know these are such “big picture” desires…but to say something like “travel Europe” (which is also something i’d like to do before I die) seems quite insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
13) Have you ever been in love?
Head over heels and still am.
14) If given a yacht, what would you name it?
15) Who do you admire the most?
16) If handed 10,000 dollars what would you blow it on?
Probably travel. There are so many places I’d like to visit.
17) What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Family. Is that too obvious?
18) What were you doing at midnight last night?
On my computer working on a branding project.
19) What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little, I wanted to be a vet. That changed when I realized the sight of blood made me want to faint.
20) What would you tell your 13 year-old self?
Believe in your dreams, don’t be afraid to be vulnerable, don’t be so concerned with what other’s think about you, live with confidence and conviction….stay true to yourself, ask for help when you need it…..and be patient, God has a plan.
Artwork & Photos By Kelli Murray
For more information about Kelli Murray check out: