This week we feature another great talent and addition to our series of creative individuals. Zachary MacPhearson is a Bay Area artist, illustrator, and photographer. Get to know a little more about him and what keeps him inspired.
Name: Zachary MacPhearson (aka: zcmacphearson)
Time: 9:20 pm
Location: Petaluma, CA
The Nitty Gritty
1. Before you started this Q&A, what were you doing?
I was trying to wrap my head around how to juggle the multitude of social networks I’m part of. I’ve also been uploading images to my flickr for what feels like forever.
2. Are you a morning or night person?
Lately it seems I’m nether. I would love to be the night owl I used to be. But life takes hold.
3. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 17, and find line 7, what does it say?
“…when a case of epilepsy becomes so sever and unmanageable that…”
4. Do you remember your dreams?
I do. Some more than others though. And it seems like I really only retain them for a few hours after waking up.
Should probably be writing them down. I’m just not that into my (nocturnal) dreams. Except when they would make an awesome movie…
5. Tell us something about you that most people don’t know.
6. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Damn. These are harder questions than I thought! I would (somehow of course) increase the reach and availability of science and education to all the world over.
I think the biggest problem in the world (today) is ignorance and lack of accepting reality, and understanding that science is the study of reality. Whoa. That was way deep.
7. Do you like to dance?
Only with Molly. Otherwise I just bob my head and try not to look like I’m having fun.
8. What did your last text message say?
9. If you could have lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
What qualifies as famous? Dead or alive? Okay, let me see… Jeff Lewis
10. What are you currently obsessed with?
My camera. It’s nothing to fancy but I seem to be really obsessed with. Every time I tear myself away from drawing and painting I slip slowly back to photography.
Also been really obsessed with tumblr, and Instagram lately as well.
11. What word do you use the most?
I can’t help it, I’m a California native.
12. 3 things you’d like to do before you die?
-Drive from California, USA to Patagonia, Chile.
-Build a mountain getaway.
-Sell art, make money.
13. Have you ever been in love?
There WAS this hotdog I ate last friday…there may have been something between us. It was amazing.
And yeah, there are many people I’ve loved and have grown to love.
14. If given a yacht. What would you name it?
15. Who do you admire the most?
People with more self discipline than me.
16. If handed 10,000 dollars what would you blow it on?
I’d rent a house on Kauai for two-three months, and do nothing.
17. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
The outdoors, the grass, the rocks,the air, everything.
18. What were you doing at midnight last night?
I was playing Lego Indiana Jones with a homemade blueberry scone and a chihuahua on my lap…
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Sadly I still don’t know…There are lots of things I want to DO…but as for what I want to BE? I don’t want to ever define that.
20. What would you tell your 13 year-old self?
Slow down and enjoy everything and take it all in…
For more information about Zachary MacPhearson check out: